[gobc-list] Azure delivery/July orders/Coordinator still needed/other options

  • From: "GOBC - Jocelyn K." <gobc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gobc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 11:42:59 -0700

Here's what I have for reminders/announcements for this week:

*AZURE DELIVERY TODAY (CG DROP)*
A reminder that Azure orders with the CG Drop at Pam's are being delivered today (Tues) around 2pm. Note for newer members that this is a day earlier than the normal Wed delivery day. Not sure if delivery will be permanently changed to Tues or if it was just a special arrangement for this month.

*
JULY ORDERS DUE:*
- Frontier due 7/10 (Foodclub is now unlocked)
- WFN due 7/10 (Foodclub still locked. database has not yet been updated)
- Maple Syrup due 7/28 (Foodclub is unlocked)
- Azure due 7/16 (AZ City/S. CG drop)
- Azure due 7/23 (CG drop)

*COORDINATOR POSITION STILL UNFILLED / OTHER OPTIONS:*
Thanks to all the wonderful emails I received regarding our move! As of right now, no one has yet volunteered to be the main coordinator for GOBC when I leave. However, a couple of members have stepped up to organize certain orders if a main coordinator cannot be found. I have someone volunteering to organize Frontier orders and another person to organize maple syrup orders.

I totally don't mind having diff people organizing different orders! If that is the direction the group will take, that works just as well. Whatever member organizes to head up an order, that is what will be offered to the group. We would still need someone to organize Mtn Rose Herbs orders and the KDC orders (beef/lamb/pork).

NOTE: Even if there are multiple organizers for each vendor, the group would still need one person to be the main point of contact for GOBC --- primarily to add members to the e-list, give new members a welcome email to help them get started in the group, and any answer emails, etc. Anyone interested in being the GOBC Contact person?? My preference would be for a Drop Leader to do it since they're already answering questions for members in their drop. And they're familiar with the overall setup with GOBC.

Of course, if someone steps up and wants to be the main coordinator that will coordinate everything with the group, then we won't need other volunteers. Having multiple volunteers to organize different orders is just a backup option if a main coordinator cannot be found.

If anyone is interested in either being the main coordinator or wanting to just organize a vendor order or be the contact person, please email me ASAP.

Thank you!
Jocelyn

--
*Grande Organics Buying Club