[gnosis] Lelavision returns

  • From: Allen Welty-Green <agmedia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gnosis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:13:54 -0500

Once again, as is becoming a yearly tradition, I must take a moment to
HIGHLY RECOMMEND that ALL OF YOU go see Lelavision this weekend through
next weekend at  7 Stages. This is the third year these folks from
Seattle have brought their amazing work here, and each year it has been
incredible. Ela Lamblin is a sculptor who makes amzing and
indescribable musical instruments, which are played by himself and his
partner choreographer Leah Mann. I know I sound like a broken record,
but I don't throw around this sort of praise haphazardly. These guys
are amazing, world class performers. This is a chance to catch them
while they're still doing small regional theaters. DON'T MISS THEM! And
take your kids too...
AWG

http://www.7stages.org/

http://www.lelavision.com/

That's all for now...

The fine print:

This an occasional e-mail newsletter with the expressed purpose of
letting folks know about specific upcoming arts events in the Atlanta
area. Too many times I've talked to people about an incredible arts
event I had seen and been told &quot;I wish I had heard about
that!&quot; The Journal-Constitution and Creative Loafing both do their
best, but much slips through the cracks or gets lost in the shuffle, so
I intend this newsletter to try and take up the slack.

The listings I send out are "curated"; - so to speak. It is NOT my
intention to be all-inclusive. I focus on things that tend to fit into
a certain aesthetic. I focus on cutting-edge work that tends to push
genres into new directions... dance, theater, music, performance art,
film, etc. This list is ONLY used to promote artistic events such as
I've described above. It's unlikely you will ever receive more than one
or two e-mailings a month from me.

Here are a couple of handy instructions for you: If you want to get OFF
of the list, for whatever reason, then send an email FROM THE ACCOUNT
YOU WANT DELETED to gnosis-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put "unsubscribe"
(without the quotes) in the Subject line of the email. That's all you
have to do. If you put anything else in the subject line, you won't be
removed. Likewise, if you want to get ON the list (from a different
address perhaps, since you obviously are already ON the list!) send an
email to gnosis-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put "subscribe" (again,
without the quotes) in the Subject line Pretty simple! You may want to
save these instructions...

If you have an event you want me to announce, then send the information
to gnosis-arts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and I'll see what I can do... but
remember, I generally don't announce traditional sorts of
theater/music/arts/dance events. I try to limit these announcements to
avant-garde or cutting edge sorts of things. Also, remember that I do
this as a not-for-profit sideline, so I might not be able to get around
to everything in a timely manner.

You may be wondering how you got on the Gnosis list. It could be that
you are already on the Gnosis email list from attending one of our
productions, or you might be on the email list for my band Z-Axis. Or
you might be on the email list of one of my friends or artistic
associates. A lot of you were referred to me by someone else on the
list. Or finally, in the early days of this list, I may have gotten
your address from the cc field of e-mailings from lists I am on... yeah
I know I shouldn't have done that, and I have since refrained from that
practice, but my intentions were altruistic and non-commercial... and
if you're bothered that I got your address that way, I apologize and
I'll be happy to delete you! In fact, by now, most folks whose address
I got from cc fields have probably been deleted anyway!