[gmu_players] Welcome Back Players

  • From: mtopsche@xxxxxxx
  • To: gmu_players@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:15:23 -0500

Howdy folks,

I hope you all had a fabulously flurry winter break.  Here's what's
happening this month with the GMU Players.

OFF CAMPUS THEATER GROUP
Join us as we venture into the Washington Metropolitan area to see what
professionals are doing.  If you are in an Acting class you are more than
likely required to see a professional show.  Below are the shows we have in
mind for January and February.  We would like to get an idea from you all
what dates would be the best to see shows.

Romeo and Juliet @ the Folger Theater
Feb 8th, 9th, 10th, 13th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 20th @ 7:30pm
Feb 11th, 12th, 18th, 19th @8pm
Saturday and Sunday performances also have a matinee show

Intimations For Saxaphone @Arena Stage
Feb 10th, 11th, 12th @ 8pm, and the 13th @ 2pm and 7:30pm
Feb 17th, 18th, 19th @ 8pm, and the 20th @ 2pm and 7:30pm

Arena Stage offers discount tickets for college students

Keep in mind that the Vagina Monologues are playing in Harris Theater the
11th and 12th of February, so plan ahead to attend one of those to support
your fellow females.

Once we get a response from you players, we will pick final dates.  There
will be a sign up sheet in the lounge on the call board.

SUNDAY SHENNANAGINS
This is the latest version of Midnite Marauders.  It's an opportunity to
work on monologues, scenes, and improv.  All are welcome! Come meet people,
work on your skillz, win prizes, all at a convenient time; Every Sunday at
6pm in the Black Box Theater.

(prizes not guaranteed)

CONCESSIONS
One woman alone cannot handle this job.  We need your help selling
concessions at the GMU Players  Shows.  If you could even commit one night,
it would be a great help. Just contact Jenn at jharris5@xxxxxxx

PLAYERS' MEETING 2/7/05
There will also be a players meeting in the lounge on February 7th at 5pm in
the Theater lounge.

That's it for now.  Hope you're first week of classes are swell!!

President Mel

Have a great first week of classes!

**Questions? Comments? contact Melissa at mtopsche@xxxxxxx