[gmu_players] Resending Natl Day of Puppetry

  • From: rsarrano@xxxxxxx
  • To: gmu_players@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:48:09 -0500

Not sure why, but my computer is being evil.  Here's the information about the
Natl Day of Puppetry, and I hope it is more readable this time around!

Hey all!
I just wanted to pass along this information to those who might be interested-
In observance of the 5th National Day of Puppetry on April 26th, I am
attempting to organize two field trips to see puppetry performed at the Puppet
Co Playhouse in Glen Echo Park.  The first field trip will be to go and see
Pinocchio on Sunday April 6th at 1pm.  Half life-size rod puppets performed in
the Italian Comedia del Arte style tell Carlo Collodi's story of what it means
to be real.  The other show you may want to come and see with use is Goldilocks
on Sunday May 4th at 1pm.  If I can get a large enough group together, we can
get discounts.  Tickets are $6 at the regular admission.  Please contact me at
rsarrano@xxxxxxx if you'd like to come with the group and see these shows!

 To go and see the April 6th show, contact me by Sunday March 30th

 To go and see the May 4th show, contact me by Friday April 25th

 You may also opt to go on your own and see them some other time while these
shows are playing (make sure you get reservations, they sell out!)  Pinocchio
runs now through April 6th.  Goldilocks runs April 9th through May 25th.  For a
complete schedule of showtimes and other information about Glen Echo Park and
The Puppet Co, check out their website at http://www.thepuppetco.org

For more information on The Puppeteers of America and the National Day of
Puppetry, please check out http://www.puppeteers.org

 For more information on your local puppetry guild
http://www.dcpuppetguild.org

Questions about puppetry in general?  Ask Lynnie Raybuck, our resident
multi-talentress, and coincidentally, also a puppeteer!