[gmu_players] Players Newsletter second try

  • From: "Melissa Zibbitybop" <meltop317@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmu_players@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:53:35 +0000

Howdy Players,

Many, many things are happening this month with the GMU Players.

HALLOWEEN PARTY

That?s right, get ready to party because this years Halloween party is going
to be hot.  It will be hosted in the Black Box Theater on OCTOBER 29th from
11pm to whenever the party stops.  In all honesty, this party will be as fun
as you make it, meaning, the more people contribute the better time will be
had by all.  All the ingredients are there. The choice is yours.

MUSIC:  There will be a request list posted on the Lounge bulletin board for
music, but if you would like to donate some hip sounds of your own to add to
the mix, please, do.  Variety is the spice of life.

FUN:
Of course there will be plenty of gettin? down and dancing, but we are also
having a piñata, Pin the Tail on the Zombie, and a Jack-o-lantern contest
with categories such as
Best Shakespearean
Most anatomically correct
Drumpkin (drunkest pumpkin)
Fullest of Rage
?or you can make your own category and we?ll probably give you a prize,
because everyone?s a winner.

FOOD: Some food will be provided, but we invite you to cook up your favorite
Halloween treat and bring it to the party. Who knows, maybe you will get a
prize.

COSTUMES ARE MANDATORY. Might I get a prize if my costume kicks a$$? Darn
tootin you will!
There is also plenty of opportunity for performance if anyone is interested.
  A few years ago, Sky Adams did ?Theatre de la Grotesque? which was a
fabulous Halloween improvisation sketch.  If you have a brilliant idea that
you would like to see happen, or would like to help out, contact Steve
Fillmore at wfillmor@xxxxxxxx

FALL SHORTS FESTIVAL:

The time is now, for submissions to the Shorts Festival.  Applications are
available in the Theater Office (4th Floor of the Performing Arts Building).
  Turn them in by NOVEMBER 12th at 5pm, in the GMU Players Mailbox, also in
the Theater Office.  The Line-up will be announced within a week of this
date.  Auditions will be held November 22nd, and performance dates are
scheduled for December 17th, 18th, and 19th each at 8pm.

This is your chance to show off your skills.  See your writing brought to
life on stage; take a stab at directing, overcome stage fright with the
chance to perform in a no pressure situation.  It?s a great way for all of
you commitment fearing peeps to meet new people and get involved with the
Players community.  Playwrights, if you?d like to see your play produced,
but aren?t ready to take on the role of director, submit it anyway.  There
may be some directors out there floating around, looking for an inspiring
new piece to undertake.

AN IDEAL HUSBAND:

The first GMU Players Main stage Production, Oscar Wilde?s An Ideal Husband,
directed by Lisa Nani-Massegee, OPENS TOMORROW!  It will run for two
weekends.  Show times for opening weekend are:

October
        21st- 8pm
        22nd- 8pm
        23rd- 2pm & 8pm
        24th- 2pm & 8pm
Week 2
        28th- 8pm
        29th- 2pm & 8pm
        30th- 8pm
        31st- 2pm
The show is in HARRIS THEATER
FREE student tickets are available while they last at the CFA box office, or
at the door.  Come supports your comrades.  They?ve been working very hard
for you.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT WORKSHOPS

The Midnight Marauders are back in action.  Every Wednesday night at
midnight, come to the Black Box and play!  Hone your improv skills, get
feedback on class projects, new written works, audition monologues, lots of
laughter, and much more.  It?s all good and anything goes!

LIVE THEATER GROUP

Between classes, work, and whatever else it is that you do with your life,
I?ll bet you?re wondering, ?Gee, when am I going to go see that mandatory
off-campus performance for my Theater class??  I have the answer to all of
your problems because this week, the Live Theater Group is offering FREE
TICKETS to two different showings of Roundhouse Theater?s production Table
Top.

Carpool groups will meet in the Players? lounge and be traveling to
Roundhouse for performances on

Sunday October 24th- meet at 5:30 for 7:00pm show

Tuesday  October 26th- meet at 6pm for 7:30 show

Sign up in the lounge (basement of the P.A.B.).  Only a few free tickets
remain so get ?em while they?re hot!  Seriously people, FREE TICKETS!  FREE!
  FREEEE! Need I say more?

Is there is a play happening in the D.C. Metro area that you would like to
see?  Got the will, but not the ride?  Tired of dragging your uncultured and
whinny roomate to the Theater?

Join the Live Theater Group!

contact jharris5@xxxxxxx to get on the e-mail list.  Or be a pioneer, and
put a sign-up sheet in the lounge, yourself.  If you post it they will come.

That's all for this week.  Now that the ball is finally rolling, expect your
inbox to be infested with informative and enjoyable e-mails from the
Players.

Your slow moving President,
Melissa