[gmu_players] Nat'l Day of Puppetry

  • From: rsarrano@xxxxxxx
  • To: gmu_players@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 00:52:36 -0500

Hey all!  =

I just wanted to pass along this information to those who might be intere=
sted=3A

In observance of the 5th Nat=27l Day of Puppetry on April 26th=2C I=27m a=
ttempting to organize two field trips to see puppetry performed at the Pu=
ppet Co Playhouse in Glen Echo Park=2E  The first field trip will be to g=
o and see =22Pinocchio=2C=22 on Sunday=2C April 6th=2C at 1pm=2E  Half li=
fe-size rod puppets=2C performed in the Italian =93Comedia del Arte=94 st=
yle=2C tell Carlo Collodi=92s story of what it means to be =93real=94=2E =
The other show you may want to go and see is =22Goldilocks=2C=22 on Sunda=
y=2C May 4th at 1pm=2E  If I can get a large enough group together=2C we =
may be able to get discounts=2E (Admission normally cost =246) Please con=
tact me (rsarrano=40gmu=2Eedu) if you=27d like to come with the group and=
 see these shows!  =

To go and see the April 6th show=2C contact me by Friday=2C March 28th=2E=

To go and see the May 4th show=2C contact me by Friday=2C April 25th=2E

You may also opt to go on your own and see them some other time while the=
y are playing=2E (Make sure and get reservations!  They sell out!) =22Pin=
occhio=22 runs now until April 6th=2E  =22Goldilocks=22 runs April 9th-Ma=
y 25th=2E  For a complete schedule of showtimes and other information abo=
ut Glen Echo Park and The Puppet Co=2C check out their website at http=3A=
//www=2Ethepupppetco=2Eorg=2E  =

For more information on The Puppeteers of America and the National Day of=
 Puppetry=2C please check out http=3A//www=2Epuppeteers=2Eorg=2E  =

For more information on your local puppetry guild=2C please go to http=3A=
//www=2Edcpuppetguild=2Eorg/ =

 Questions about the art of puppetry in general=3F  See Lynnie Raybuck=2C=
 our resident multi-talentress here at GMU who is also (coincidentally) a=
 puppeteer!

Rachel Sarrano