[gmpi] Re: conventions opinions

  • From: Mike Berry <mberry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:28:51 -0700

Koen Tanghe wrote:

With the following two exceptions (that might not be necessary here, I don't know): - inline functions: put inline function implementations in a file called Foo.inl, and #include this at the bottom of the Foo.h file - template functions: put template function implementations in a file called Foo.tpl, and #include this at the bottom of the Foo.h file This is because they have to be defined in every translation unit that uses them.

I would prefer that we not have files with .inl and .tpl extensions. These should be .h or .hpp (whichever we choose) with appropriate names. This way they are recognized as standard header file types.

--
Mike Berry
Adobe Systems