[gmpi] Re: Low level details

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:04:18 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Angus F. Hewlett" <angus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 2:04 PM
Subject: [gmpi] Re: Low level details

> Security is purely a commercial aspect. As to reliability, I can only see
that more openness should lead to better reliability, not worse.

funny, i think exactely the opposite.

> I might add that, for a number of reasons (mostly market driven), audio
systems tend to lag behind other desktop software by a few years in many
respects - and if you look at games and most desktop apps, openness is
increasing not decreasing right now.

Very bad example. Video Games are Mass Market Software. everybody can buy it
for a cheap price and be sure to get hours of entertainments... Audio Pro
Software are tools ! only expert can buy it for an expensive price, to work
on it and not be sure that it will work as well as expected :-).

VB