new GlowCode release

  • From: GlowCode FLASH <milt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:07:27 -0400

Dear GlowCode user:

During the past 3 months we have added substantial new features to GlowCode.
Most significantly, the heap leak detector is even faster, more accurate, and
more user-friendly. We believe that GlowCode's heap leak detection continues to
be second to none.

If you have a version of a glowcode.dll dated before 8/13/01, we suggest you
get the latest update from http://www.glowcode.com/update.htm.

This is a free upgrade if you have v3 license or purchased your v2 license
after 12./1/00. Otherwise, if you have a v2 license the upgrade price is $100
and if you have a v1 license the upgrade price is $200.

If your current license is no longer valid, you may request another evaluation
license. Please type the words "v3 reevaluation" in the evaluation license
Comments field at http://www.glowcode.com/eval.htm.

Finally, welcome to our new mailing list for GlowCode users. In the future we
will be using this list to better inform you of new features and suggestions on
how to better use GlowCode.

Sincerely,

Milton Taam
GlowCode Development Team
President
Electric Software, Inc.

Note: here are a brief summary of features added in recent months:

August 13, 2001
Improved leak detection with a more efficient search algorithm, user-settable
assumptions and progress indicator.
Built with faster optimization options

July 23, 2001
Improved leak detection by improved thread stack probing.

July 17, 2001
Fixed GlowCode failure when target app has no CRT in a DLL.
Fixed GlowCode Loader unexpected behavior when ENTER key is pressed.

June 13, 2001
Fixed DevStudio tool integration action for Launching GlowCode.

June 12, 2001
Profile export will export all items without expanding tree view, which allows
much faster expansions.

June 5, 2001
Added support for COFF symbols.

June 1, 2001
Show symbol file types in hooks dialog.

May 31, 2001
Support Heap and Handle stack traces that look up omitted frame pointers (FPO),
typical in optimized code.

as the Subject