[ghrrbac-vtaa] RSVP Requested (WE NEED YOUR HELP ON SATURDAY !!!)

  • From: "Michael A. Chapman" <Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council - VTAA)
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:59:27 -0400

We haven't heard from many of our local Black Alumni regarding this event. Please RSVP to me on whether or not you are willing to come out and support VT on Saturday for our Reception for Minority Students Offered Admission.

We need your presence to show that VT is still strong and persevering. Students want to talk to YOU to get your views on what a VT education has done for you.

We've invested a significant amount of money in this event. Over 100 African-American & Hispanic students have ben invited to attend. The missing link is YOU.

Please RSVP in the affirmative by 4:00 PM today.

Thanks.
2ef77d04.jpg

VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
Michael A. Chapman, P.E.
Head, Data Acquisition & Test Techniques Branch - COD
NASA Langley Research Center
http://dadqt.larc.nasa.gov/ (LaRC domain only)

Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx
757-864-4687 (w)
757-864-4799 (f)
757-827-9971 (h)
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
"The Secret Of Your Future Is Hidden In Your Daily Routine"

Dear GHRRBAC Member,

This has been a terrible week in the history of our great university. The events on Monday will forever change the landscape at VA Tech for anyone who has ever attended. We know the recovery process will be long and painful. But, VA Tech will survive!

Here is your chance to help in the recovery.

As you may already know, offer letters went out to prospective students at the beginning of April. Students in the Hampton Roads area are carefully weighing their options as they consider coming to VA Tech or going to some other university. To assist these young people in their decision making process, the Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council (GHRRBAC) has planned a "Reception" (Recruitment Yield Event) on this Saturday, April 21, 2007, from 2:00 to 5:00 PM at the The Murray Center in Norfolk, VA. WE NEED YOUR PRESENCE AT THIS EVENT.

VIRGINIA TECH RECEPTION
FOR
AFRICAN AMERICAN AND LATINO/HISPANIC STUDENTS
WHO HAVE BEEN OFFERED ADMISSION

Proposed Agenda:

- Welcome
- Admissions Briefing
- Question and Answer
- Introduction of Local Alumni
- Meet-n-Greet Local Alumni
- Reception
- Closing

Date/Time of Event:

Saturday, April 21, 2007
2:00 - 5:00 PM

Location:

The Murray Center @ First Baptist Church
455 E. Brambleton Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23510

Purpose:

To meet African American and Latino/Hispanic alumni from 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's and recent graduates. To discuss experiences at VT, including involvement in student organizations, professional growth, sports, and networking with other VA Tech graduates. Representative from the VT Office of Undergraduate Admissions will provide information on accepting the admissions offer, obtaining financial aid, deposits, housing, and next steps.

The program will take questions from the audience. Local VT African American and Hispanic/Latino alumni will share their experiences at VT. The program will provide students and parents with a historical perspective on student life at VT, giving prospective students an opportunity to see how VT alumni have used their VT degrees in their personal and professional live.

The goal is to convince these students that VA Tech is the right choice!

Target Audience:

African American, Latino, and Hispanic high school seniors (and their parents) who have been offered admission to the university.

Sponsors:

Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council (GHRRBAC) of the VTAA
VT Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Office of Multicultural Affairs
VT Alumni Association

Cost:

Free for prospective student and their parents.
Hor 'douerves will be served

Please come out and support this event by wearing your Hokie colors and paraphernalia !!!!!