[ghrrbac-vtaa] Need Volunteers for VA Tech College Fairs

  • From: "Chapman, Michael A. (LARC-D504)" <michael.a.chapman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Greater Hampton Roads Regional Black Alumni Council - VTAA (ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <ghrrbac-vtaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:48:57 -0500

Hello Hampton Roads VT Black Alumni,

Attached is the 2009 recruitment travel schedule for the VA Tech Office of
Admissions. The Hampton Roads events are listed near the end of the
spreadsheet. Also attached is a Volunteer Participation Form.

If you are interested in joining the admissions recruiters at a particular
college fair or venue, please complete the Volunteer Participation Form and
return it to me via e-mail by 9/11/09. Your presence is really needed to show
that African Americans do indeed graduate from VT. It's also helpful for
students (and parents) to be able to ask about your experience with campus life
and other aspects of attending.

So send me your forms and I will work out the conflicts, etc., and submit a
collective request from our group to the Office of Admissions. They will, in
turn, let you know whether or not they have space for additional volunteers and
provide you additional details about the college fair. Please note that some
venues cannot support more than 1 additional person at a table/booth/etc., and
some venues cannot support any extra people over and above that of the
admissions recruiter.

Thanks for your help in showing an African American presence at these college
fairs. It's really helpful for potential students to see committed alumni at
these events.

[cid:image002.jpg@01CA2BDC.7FCCD410]
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
Michael A. Chapman, P.E.
Head, Technologies Application Branch - GFTD
NASA Langley Research Center

Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx<mailto:Michael.A.Chapman@xxxxxxxx>
757-864-4687 (w)
757-864-4799 (f)
757-827-9971 (h)
VTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVTVT
"The Secret Of Your Future Is Hidden In Your Daily Routine"

JPEG image