[gha] We all have the power

  • From: "Barefoot Artists, Inc." <Barefoot_Artists_Inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 18:21:16 +0000

Dear GHA friends,

I would like to share a wonderful story that I recently received from
Louisville, KY. Just two days ago, The Barefoot Artist film was
featured in its international film festival.

Chenoweth Allen and Beth Henson, who attended the screening commented
that "[The film is] a reminder of the amazing, healing work which can
be done when a heart is open and communities are invited to create."

Working with 8 dedicated women of the West Louisville Women's
Coalition, Allen and Henson transformed a vacant lot into a Peace
Labyrinth in West Louisville. In the process, 400 people painted
bricks with positive messages, which became the border of the
labyrinth.

I am grateful for the story. It shows that we all have the power to
change things for better if we keep our heart open and follow our
inspiration with action.

May the coming season bring us strength and fill our hearts with
tenderness.

Loving regards,
Lily

Upcoming screenings of The Barefoot Artist film:

The Gendered Planet: Ethics, Ecology, Equity Conference -
http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./982165e3c7/b123d97574/fe44e15c30 ,
at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls, WI, October 17 - 18,
2014, Lily Yeh keynote speaker

Drexel University Arts Administration Graduate Association -
http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./982165e3c7/b123d97574/ff126e3d2e ,
Philadelphia, PA, October 23, 2014

The 17th United Nations Association Film Festival -
http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./982165e3c7/b123d97574/d71d871b16 ,
at Stanford University, CA, October 24, 2014

Rocky Mountain Women's Film Festival -
http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./982165e3c7/b123d97574/d0ec5ae8fb ,
Colorado Springs, CO, November 7 - 9, 2014

Theatrical Screenings!

IFC New York, New York, December 5 - 11, 2014 -
http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./982165e3c7/b123d97574/c673f4e8c6
Address: 323 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10014
Phone: (212) 924-7771

Laemmle NOHO7, Los Angeles, CA, December 18 - 24, 2014 -
http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./982165e3c7/b123d97574/e0f9878280
Address: 5240 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91601
Phone: (818) 762-4600

-
http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./982165e3c7/b123d97574/78ff4c8c6c

"Urban Alchemy" workshop at the Holton Viaduct Swing Park, Milwaukee,
WI

Invited by beintween, a non-profit arts organization in Milwaukee,
Barefoot Artists director conducted a two-day "urban alchemy"
residency to co-create with artists, neighborhood residents,
children, and volunteers an art installation that transformed a
sterile and unfrequented urban space into a colorful and jubilant
place.

The lively process, fun activities, and the colorful environment not
only refreshed participants' energy, but also drew the attention of
passing visitors -- including two wedding parties! Attracted by our
brightly colored columns and streamers, the newlyweds had their
pictures taken with us. People commented, "Art and action do
transform. Working together brings great joy. It is truly magical."

Design Workshop                                       Community
Design Team

The one-day installing workshop - residents, artists, children,
volunteers working together on site

So many magical moments

We, the Urban Alchemists!

Please support Barefoot Artists by forwarding this message to a
friend -
http://oi.vresp.com/f2af/v4/send_to_friend.html?ch=982165e3c7&lid=1643018159&ldh=b123d97574
  and considering a charitable donation -
http://cts.vresp.com/c/?BarefootArtistsInc./982165e3c7/b123d97574/090f7dc6b0
to support our international projects.

following link:

http://cts.vresp.com/u?982165e3c7/b123d97574/mlpftw

Barefoot Artists, Inc. sent this email free of charge using
VerticalResponse for Non-Profits. Non-Profits email free. You email
affordably.

Barefoot Artists, Inc.
2412 Waverly
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19147
US

Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy:
http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html