[gha] Re: The first results of the GHA-USA reform

  • From: Bruce Cook <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leo Semashko <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx>, ghausa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 09:51:07 -0600

Dear GHA-USA Members,

I want to thank Leo and each one of you for your support of GHA-USA. I am
pleased to undertake work as your president and simply request your
participation as we make limited demands on each other. Further, I crave
your comments in cases where we may differ in purpose or in cases where you
feel I need to correct mistakes or redirect efforts. As a leader, I am here
to support you and act as a moderator, listening and learning even as I try
to arrange for resources, etc. Our goal is to move ahead with solidarity.
At this point, we need to complete our organizational structure and focus
on cross-currents of purpose, putting our efforts in perspective so we have
a common set of goals.

John Kurland and I had a useful discussion last night by phone and this has
helped me to better understand the significance and scope of our work. I
plan to follow his thoughts on having an open discussion by telephone
conference so we can be certain that many minds are involved in our
progress. Perhaps our progress will be similar to the Delphi Projects which
were developed at Stanford University. With our adaptation of such a
method, we can be certain that everyone has a voice and multiple thoughts
are brought into a coherent structure.

As part of this continuing discussion, here are some immediate plans for us
to consider:

   - Create the GHA Center for Interfaith Harmonious Education (CIHE) in
   the United States.
   - Publish a book of US Interfaith Projects.
   - Promote this project, along with the ABC of Harmony, in schools,
   seminaries and denominations. (As part of this promotion, I plan to develop
   a cell phone "App" in Google Play soon. By this device, which is free, many
   professional religious workers can become instantly aware of our work by
   reading about it on their smartphones.)
   - Republish the ABC of Harmony in the United States in expanded and
   updated form with inclusion of input from new co-authors in the USA.
   - Publish a version of the ABC of Harmony for youth.
   - Prepare for a first GHA-USA Congress to be held in 2014 on the theme
   of "Global Harmonious and Interfaith Education in the US"

Please let me know your reaction to these ideas.

Also, if you have not yet completed your brief review of the ABC of
Harmony, please give this first priority so we can retain you in our
organization.

I am excited to look ahead to the future and realize that, though our
combined efforts, we may become a vital force in averting a world situation
that is becoming so fragile. Now the time is ripe for world leaders to
understand that there is no option to a rethinking of priorities and entire
systems for the betterment of the human condition

Yours in Harmony,

Bruce

Bruce L. Cook, Ph.D.
President, GHA-USA
GHA Ambassador of Peace and Disarmament from Harmony

Publisher and Editor
President, World Writers Resources, Inc.
Author, *Harmony of Nations: 1943 – 2020*, Just Fiction Editions, 2012
7337 Grandview Ct.
Carpentersville, IL 60110 USA
312-859-8090
cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx