[ggo-discussion] Re: small bug

  • From: Peter Strempel <pstrempel@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:39:30 +0100

Jarkko Lindblad wrote:
> A game I was playing adjourned. I tried to access the shortcut menu of
> the board window to check my opponents stats, but it didn't work.

This is intentional, but rather because of bad programming instead of
having any good reason.

Once the board switches to offline edit mode when the game finishes in
any way (this shouldn't happen with adjourn at some point anymore, when
I implemented auto-reload in the same window like in gGo), it loses all
pointers to the IGS classes and now behaves like any offline editor
board, that means no popup. I guess some global pointer should help,
plus some flag in the board if it was a previous IGS board to prevent
getting that popup in a real offline editor window. I don't want that
popup for loaded SGF files.

As a sidenote, I don't really like this automatic switch to offline
editor once a game finished. Switching the sidebar looks wired. Maybe
instead changing one of the buttons to "Edit" (for own game boards,
observed ones already have that) would be better, so it only switches on
user action.

Peter