[ggo-discussion] Re: no sgf files when viewing my own stats

  • From: Peter Strempel <zotan@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 09:20:19 +0200

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 05:30:46AM +0300, Jarkko Lindblad wrote:

> I looked at my own stats, yet no sgf-files are shown under the games
> tab. Using the sgf command via the terminal, however works just fine.

This is because of a syntax change on the new IGS server.

# help sgf
[...]
'sgf tobe' will find _all_ games begining with 'tobe' as part of the string.
'sgf tobe-' will find _only_ 'tobe'.
[...]

# sgf dos
bretz-dos-09-16-08
There is 1 sgf game.

# sgf -dos
bretz-dos-09-16-08
There is 1 sgf game.

# sgf dos-
There are 0 sgf games.

gGo sends 'sgf <playername>-', the old syntax. But that doesnt work anymore
on the new server. The '-' is important to make sure you only get the sgf
files of that player.

I can change it to sending the new syntax 'sgf -<playername>'. But I dont
know if PandaNet might want to change it back to the old syntax, which would
mess gGo again. I personally dont care, but I want to know what the final
IGS syntax will be first. Also I dont know if that breaks other clients,
too, which might be an argument to change it back to the old format.

 Peter