[ggo-discussion] Re: Volume control?

  • From: Peter Strempel <zotan@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:24:34 +0100

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 02:23:21PM -0000, Michael Camacho wrote:

> Any chance of a volume control being implemented in a future version of gGo?
>
> I like to have the effects on, but the sound of these little black-and-white
> glass meteorites impacting on my board tends to overpower everything else.
> ;-)

Sorry, that's not possible with the current Java sound implementation I am
using. This sort of Java sound has no volume control, it's using the
operating system volume control, which means globally for all sounds.

There is a Java Multimedia extension which offers such things, but this
would require the users to install an additional package manually, which is
no good idea.

But you could send me a smoother sound for the stone clicks. :*)

 Peter