[ggo-discussion] Re: Quick glGo update

  • From: Peter Strempel <pstrempel@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:36:29 +0100

> that the variation numbers don't display quite right.
> They float over the gridlines (instead of erasing a
> small area), and they appear in either black or white
> text.

Right... Fixed. Reason wasn't KJD (though it *is* a horrible file to
load for any SGF editor) but a missed check in glGo code. Would love to
blame KJD instead, but that wouldn't be the truth. :*)

I also did the freehand painting. Works when current editing mode is
either "add stone" or "add mark" (any of the marks), or said the other
way: Edit mode is neither "normal play" nor "scoring".

Editing stones:
* Keep left button down to paint black stones
* Keep right button down to paint white stones
Basically same like single-click editing. However, if you start the
sequence on an _existing_ stone, it will remove stones. Again same as
single-click editing, when you click on an existing stone, it would
remove it. So freehand painting behaves like single-click editing, just
keeps the current action active while moving the mouse.
Sounds a bit odd? Just try it out. This way I could avoid keyboard
modifiers.

Editing marks (easier, as we don't need to differ between black/white):
* Keep left button down to add currently selected mark
* Keep right button down to remove marks (regardless which mark type is
selected)

Online game editing in IGS reviews is not affected by this, so here you
need to click for each stone/mark. However, it's not possible to change
this without changing the server behaviour, and I don't think it's so
important to have this feature for online editing as well.

And a SGF parser bugfix and a small fix to the friends/bozo list. See
docs/ChangeLog.txt.

Double-click to mark complete group is not yet done.

Download:

Full installer (5.9 MB)
http://www.pandanet.co.jp/English/glgo/downloads/glGo-1.1b.exe

Update (1.4 MB):