[ggo-discussion] Re: Graphical tree display

  • From: Peter Strempel <zotan@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:59:25 +0200

At 18:33 21.04.2003 -0400, you wrote:

>I know you have the tree display on your list to do.

Yes, but I dont know when this will happen. :) Currently the
toggle-singlegame-false support is more urgent because of the server changes.

>Just wanted you to know that in my opinion, such a display would greatly
>enhance this client for me. In particular, when it
>comes to reviewing games with variations and comments, I find it hard to
>navigate
>without the tree structure. I happened to like the way WinMGT does it.

No idea how WinMGT does it, I don't use this (Windows only) but I know the
trees from CGoban1+2, Kombilo, SmartGo (Mac version) and Jago. Im not yet
exactly sure how to do it, probably a mix of everything. I personally like
the CGoban1+2 tree best, the Kombilo tree is  basically the same, the
SmartGo tree is too complex for my taste, and the Jago tree too simple (it
does the work, tho). Maybe I check WinMGT and have a look. Windows-only
software has usually no room on my computer. :)

>I also noticed that sometimes the marks on
>the board are not always displayed.
>Is that a known problem?

Not really. Can you email me some example SGF files where this happens, please?

  Peter