[ggo-discussion] Re: Glgo SGF editor functionnality - SGF file opening process potential irregularity

  • From: Peter Strempel <pstrempel@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:04:37 +0100

Guillaume (perso) wrote:

> Using Glgo as an SGF editor, I failed  to open an SGF file (see =
> attachement).=20
>
> I downloaded this file from Gobase.org, and it seems to contains a lot =
> of comments.=20

> -- File: K-23-1   Cho Chikun - Kobayashi Koichi.sgf

Sorry for the late reply, was away for a week.

The attachment didn't make it to me, guess the mailing list cut it off.
But I got a file from gobase.org, there is one Chikun-Koichi game in the
commented games section. First comment starts with " jansteen 3d*: Final
NEC 1994: Zhao Zhi Xun (b,9p) vs. Xiao Lin Guang Yi (w,9p)". Hope this
is the right file.

I can load this file with glGo 1.1 on Windows. What exactly happens when
you try to load the file? That is, what does "fails to open" mean?
Getting no game at all? Messed game? Missing comments?

Please try to switch the "Use old SGF parser" option in the Preferences,
and load it again. There are actually two SGF parsers in glGo, so if one
fails, try the other. Yes, that's a bit confusing and not meant to be
the final state.

Peter