[ggcsquicksig] Re: Tracking down the original source, category, accounts of a M M accounts/funds

  • From: bcbloch@xxxxxxxx
  • To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:46:10 -0800

Ernie...It's unclear to me whether the old MM/CD account(s) were held
through the same Financial Institution as the current RE Trust.  But even
if they were, you'd want to make absolutely sure the current account is
correctly registered so as to be in your personal trust.

Any time you open a new account, you have to make sure the FI accepts
Trust accounts and then name the account accordingly.

I think that it doesn't really matter whether the old accounts were in
your trust.  The source of the money isn't the issue...the issue is
whether the current account is actually part of your trust.  And, you can
put accounts into your Trust and take them out at any time.

If all the money is now in the new Real Estate Investment Trust, you only
have to make certain that this account is in the name of YOUR trust.
e.g., any account you have (house, investments, regular bank accounts,
etc), should bear the name of your trust, such as "Ernie Pitz Family
Trust" (or whatever the real name of your trust is on the trust papers),
with you as Trustee.

First check the name of the account on the most recent statement you have
from the RE Investment Trust account.  Then, even if it's correctly
showing your Trust's name, check with them that they have all the papers
they need.  In some cases, we've had to supply copies of the first and
last pages of the Trust itself, showing the date it was established, etc.
 And in some cases we've had money in banks that don't accept Trust
accounts.  Our lawyer told us we could make the Trust the beneficiary of
the account in even of our deaths.

If your Trust's name isn't on the account, you need to call them and find
out how to change it.

Babette