[ggcsquicksig] Re: QUICKEN'S RECONCILE OPENING BALANCE

  • From: bcbloch@xxxxxxxx
  • To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 09:08:11 -0800

That's a neat idea...to put a marker in the register noting the last
transaction in a given statement.  Would make it easier to "unreconciled"
a statement, too.

BTW, you can note the dummy transaction with a title of "NOTATION"  in
the column that indicates check number, Deposit, etc.  You also can add
your own titles to that list.  I'll go over it at the SIG.

Babette

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 01:59:14 -0500 (EST) Carol Randall <randlcs@xxxxxxx>
writes:
> Babette,
>
> I would be so glad to have you raise this question with Jeff Parker!
> It's been my biggest Quicken frustration. So much so, that I make a
> dummy transaction every month with the memo "Closing balance 1-31-13
> $nnnn.nn."  I stole that idea from someone once, and it has been
> very helpful.

GGCSQUICKSIG is the Email list for members of the Golden Gate Computer
Society's Quicken Special Interest Group.

TO SEND A MESSAGE TO SIGLEADER BABETTE BLOCH "OFFLIST" -
     Email to: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxx

   In the "Subject": line, type "unsubscribe" (without the quotes).