[ggc-urantialist] Re: Retreat Reminder

  • From: Larry Geis <lrgeis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dlnice@xxxxxxx" <dlnice@xxxxxxx>, "ggc-urantialist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ggc-urantialist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 21:41:23 +0000 (UTC)

The death of Gary's Mother on Sept 26 has disrupted my plans. The semi-annual
garage sale at the Mobile Home park is on Oct 3. Must be there for that. Then,
I'm continuing on to Oklahoma in my trusty mini-van/tent on wheels, where I
will join family members. We will go over to Branson, MO for my nephew's
wedding. He's a semi-professional stand up comic in OKC.
I will drive back to Salt Lake City for the Parliament (World Religions) via
Taos, NM and the north rim of the Grand Canyon, revisiting the scene of a NDE
45 years ago, just before finding Big Blue.
May you all have a wonderful time together,

Larry G,

On Monday, September 7, 2015 7:08 PM, "dlnice@xxxxxxx" <dlnice@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

| Golden Gate Circle of Students of the Urantia Book
invite you to their annual fall retreat:
Faith is the Open Door
Jesus taught, "Faith is the open door for entering into the present, perfect
and eternal love of God." UB 138:8.8

Where: St. Dorothy's Rest, Camp Meeker, CA. Located north of San Francisco in
the Redwoods of Sonoma County.
When:      Oct. 2-4, 2015
Cost:        $175 for the full weekend (includes 3 meals on Sat. and brunch on
Sunday. We will meet for dinner on Friday in the town of Occidental.
 RSVP:      Dolores Nice, dlnice@xxxxxxx
 The Urantia Book tells us that ''Faith is a living attribute of genuine
personal religious experience.'' This will be the focus of sharing time at this
retreat. The retreat will also include prayer, study, music, discussion,free
time for walks in the woods or on the beach, reading, enjoying conversations in
front of the fireplace or naps if so desired.We will end with a worship service
and remembrance supper on Sunday.
Space is limited, reservations will be made on a first come first served basis.
Ask about car pooling if interested.