[ggc-urantialist] Re: Golden Gate Circle (SF Bay Area) Weekend Bulletin 2/23/13

  • From: Bohohwymus@xxxxxxx
  • To: ggc-urantialist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ggc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, socadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, theresar95@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 23:25:45 -0500 (EST)

GOLDEN GATE  CIRCLE
WEEKEND BULLETIN:
February 23,  2013

Upcoming  Local and U.S. Events
YaYA Regeneration Conference
Feb 9, 2013 by Angela  Thurston
A Youth and Young Adult Conference in Gloucester,  MA
Thurs, Apr 18-Sun, Apr 21,  2013
Register from: _http://urantianow.com/yaya-regeneration-conference/_
(http://urantianow.com/yaya-regeneration-conference/)
_(20% off if  registered before March 15th)_
(http://urantianow.com/event-registration/?ee=5)
Join  us in New England this spring! Our upcoming YaYA Conference takes us
to  Massachusetts, where idealists once gathered to bring forth a nation
founded on  the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. More
than 200 years  later, a new group of idealists will gather to bring forth a
world founded on  the fatherhood of God and the brotherhood and sisterhood of
humankind.
This  will be a very special gathering of youth and young adults who are
interested in  dedicating themselves to creating spiritual fellowship on
Urantia. We will focus  on the theme of REGENERATION as we seek to carry out
these ideals from  The Urantia Book:
“Religion does need new leaders, spiritual men and women who will dare to
depend solely on Jesus and his incomparable teachings. If Christianity
persists  in neglecting its spiritual mission while it continues to busy itself
with  social and material problems, the spiritual renaissance must await the
coming of  these new teachers of Jesus’ religion who will be exclusively
devoted to the  spiritual regeneration of men. And then will these spirit-born
souls quickly  supply the leadership and inspiration requisite for the
social, moral, economic,  and political reorganization of the world.” [195:9.4]
This historic event will fittingly be held at a historic home on the  North
Shore: The Charles Hovey House. This beautiful space will be ours for
lodging, meals, group gatherings, and walks on the beach all weekend. We invite

you to join us.
ROB BELL  / What We Talk About When We Talk About God
Love Wins was  an overnight viral phenomenon and New York Times bestseller
that launched Bell  as a national religious voice that is reinvigorating
what it means to be  religious and a Christian today. Bell believes we need to
drop our primitive,  tribal views of God and instead understand the God who
wants us to become who we  were designed to be … What We Talk About  When We
Talk About God will reveal a God not in need of repair to catch him  up to
today's world but rather a God who goes before us and beckons us  forward.
Berkeley Arts  & Letters, First Congregational Church of Berkeley (2345
Channing Way at  Dana; enter via courtyard on Dana) Tickets $12 ($5 students)
in advance only;  $15 at the door

A Message from Abegunde  Julius Taiwo (Nigeria)
“’The  spirit world is governed on the principle of respecting your
freewill choice  provided the course you may choose is not detrimental to you
or
injurious to  your fellows.’ ~ The Urantia Book, (48:6.6).

“’This freedom can be  achieved through aligning our freewill - our right
to choose - with the great  Laws of God. …
Man does not have  unfettered free will; there are limits to his range of
choice, but within the  radius of this choice his will is relatively
sovereign.’ ~ The Urantia Book,  (118:9.2).

“At the moment, Peace is on  everyone's mind because there is continual
talk of its opposite - war. If we  change the way we perceive life - as a
spiritual journey in which we unfold our  Divine potential, not as a battle for
survival, then peace must eventually dawn.  First it must dawn in the hearts
and minds of each of us, and then it must, by  the Divine Law of Action and
Reaction - Karma - exist upon our Earth.  …

“We can then prove forever that war  does not have to follow peace, as
night follows day. Instead, conflict can be  turned to spiritual action and
peace, inward reflection. Both of these opposites  will then meet in the fires
of that great mystic force - LOVE.  …

May He give unto us the spirit of  wisdom and Revelation in the knowledge
of Him. Amen.” (Excerpted from his post  on Facebook)

From the  Desert Fathers, Hesychios (7th cent.)

“Once the heart has been perfectly emptied  of mental images, it gives
birth to divine and mystical concepts that play  within it just as fish and
dolphins play in a calm sea. As the sea is rippled  when a soft breeze moves
over it, so is the heart’s abyss moved by the Holy  Spirit.”
(On Watchfulness  156).
Walnut  Creek Study Group Selected Quote
(Seraphic Planetary Government)
“None of these angelic groups  exercise direct or arbitrary control over
the domains of their assignment. They  cannot fully control the affairs of
their respective realms of action, but they  can and do so manipulate planetary
conditions and so associate circumstances as  favorably to influence the
spheres of human activity to which they are  attached.
“The master seraphim of planetary supervision utilize many agencies for
the prosecution of their missions. They function as ideational clearinghouses,
 mind focalizers, and project promoters. While unable to inject new and
higher  conceptions into human minds, they often act to intensify some higher
ideal  which has already appeared within a human intellect. (114:6.18-19)

Thanks for tuning in and reading our  news. And please -- Stay tuned!  Dave
Holt, Communications  Chair for GGC

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image