[ggc-urantialist] Re: Fwd: Of Elves and Men: the Post-Adamic Age

  • From: Larry Geis <lrgeis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ggc-urantialist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ggc-urantialist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 11:35:52 -0700

Hello Michelle,

Thanks for posting this. I wanted to attend Jonathan's workshop, but had some
sort of conflict. It is a fascinating exposition.

Larry G
GGC

On Monday, August 4, 2014 11:07 AM, Michelle Klimesh
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear friends,

Greetings from farmland!  This is a transcript from a workshop at IC '14 that I
enjoyed. The presenter, Jonathan Zoba, is in his late 20s. Fun food for thought.

XOX, Michelle

Begin forwarded message:

>On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Jonathan Zoba <jonzoba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>Hey Everyone,
>>

>>Thanks for coming to my Elf workshop; I'm glad that the effort was well
>>received.  There is certainly plenty more work to be done was we look back
>>into history, but this is a good (and fun) start.
>>

>>As I compile more work, I at least wanted to send you the text for the
>>workshop I gave so that you may review it as you wish and ask more questions.
>> Here is just the elf section before moving on.
>>

>>I'm thankful to be a part of a community where this type of scholarship is
>>appreciated : )
>>

>>Jonathan
>>

>>ELVES :: VIOLET RACE
>>

>>Tolkien’s concept of elves seems strikingly similar to the historical fact of
>>the Adamites.  They are generally regarded as tall, beautiful, with light
>>complexion, playful and artful yet sorrowful.  They are in exile, having had
>>a unfortunate past.
>>

>>According to Tolkien there are several types of elves, but the few mentioned
>>in his popular Books, The Lord of the Rings, are the High Elves, Wood Elves,
>>and the Elves of Lothlorien, and of the Last Homely Home, Rivendell.
>>

>>If we would go by Tolkien’s records as much as possible the different groups
>>of elves could be regarded as such in actual history and geography:
>>

>>The High Elves or Light Elves:
>>These are the pure line descendants of Adam and Eve, or could be regarded as
>>Material Sons and Daughters in general, both on this world and in the System.
>> They have a light shimmer to their appearance, and most of them left early
>>on, and went Edentia.  They understand light and cosmic energies in a way
>>that most don’t.
>>

>>The Wood Elves:
>>Were the elves that ‘stayed behind’.  I regard them as of the few descendent
>>and Adam and Eve who wandered into continental Europe and blended with the
>>blue man and other races.  In order to qualify as an elf, generally they
>>needed to be at least 1/4 Adamic by blood, after further dilution they would
>>generally be recognized as Andite.  They were pacifistic, therefor avoided
>>battle whenever possible.  They did this by mastering the arts of stealth and
>>hiding.  In their later days, as their doom as a people approached, they
>>lived in trees and were masters of evasion and escape.  They were all master
>>bowmen and hunters.  They carried their traditions mostly in song, being in
>>exile they often had to pick up and move.
>>

>>The elves of Mirkwood were an example of one of the last violet strongholds
>>in the spreading forests of Europe, probably located somewhere around
>>southern Germany.
>>

>>As the elves were constantly escaping, they learned to leave little or no
>>remains as they departed, often using only organic materials for their
>>constructions.  When the scouts determined that an invading horde could not
> [...]
 again.  It is recorded that two Hobbits went with them, Bilbo Baggins and
Frodo son of Drogo.