[ggc-urantialist] Catching up after RETREAT

  • From: <szendt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ggc-urantialist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 20:32:24 +0000

Dear GGC folks,
There was an interesting, intimate group at Saint Dorothy's for 2013 Fall
Retreat, in the Redwoods of Sonoma County.
Friday evening, we had dinner together at Lydia House around the big dining
room table. That was fun and we enjoyed it, being together.
The rest of our meals were prepared by the Saint Dorothy's staff at the Main
House dining room, which we were sharing with a group from the Episcopal
Divinity School in Berkeley. The kitchen crew is offering a variety of foods,
and is sensitive to dietary needs. We all ate well!
On Saturday, Diane Masura came as a day-tripper, so we were thirteen. After
breakfast, we got down to work on our study session.
We read all of Part 6, in PAPER 81 - The Maintenance of Civilization,
interspersing our reading with some lively discussion.
It is remarkable how much of our contemporary situation those Revelators
anticipated so many years ago, before TV and computers.
Then we broke up into pods for discussion about "The Character of Torchbearers".
Questions included who has been a Torchbearer for you, and what can we do to
join in the work of being a Torchbearer?
After lunch we engaged in some in-depth pod work for a while, but then it was
free-time.
The weather was perfect for being outdoors, so some folks went on a hike.
Others stayed in Lydia House and talked or rested.
I took off with our guest from Texas, David Glass, in his rental-hybrid-car for
a trip to town (both Occidental and Sebastopol).
After dinner, we had an hour of recorded music listening, and our usual evening
conversations in front of the fireplace.
By Sunday the weather had changed. Foggy conditions, followed by mist and then
rain made for a wet day.
In the morning we met for discussing what happened in our pods, followed by
Sunday Brunch, then a worship and Remembrance Supper.
By the time everyone had cleaned-up and cleared out, in the early afternoon, it
had been an active, far-ranging, good Retreat with some especially good chats
and a lot of interactive discussion.
Thanks once again to Dolores Nice for organizing this retreat session at Saint
Dorothy's.
Stephen Zendt, Walnut Creek, CA

STEPHEN ZENDT, Operations Analyst II
szendt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:szendt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   (925) 686-7735
WELLS FARGO BUSINESS DIRECT
Card Products & Support Services [AU 19689]
1220 Concord Ave - 5th FL South  [MAC A0314-052]
Concord, CA 94520-4906
All electronic communication is subject to surveillance. Opinions expressed are
my own, and do not necessarily represent WELLS FARGO & CO.
This message may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the addressee or are not authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must
not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message, or any
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail, and then delete this message. Thank you
for your cooperation.