[georgianbents] May events

  • From: "25hz" <25hz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Georgian Bents List" <Georgianbents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 22:13:55 -0400

Hi all

Just a quick reminder of what's in the mix:

Sunday May 7th (uhmm . . . yeah, this weekend :)) - Windel park velodrome
racing

Sunday May 21st - 15km time trial in Alliston

Saturday May 27th - Wasaga Beach casual ride

Sunday June 11th - Cambridge Century ride.  Site information is here:
www.cambridgetourdegrand.com.  If anyone is interested, use the list to find
others and then T-up details in private email.  Hopefully I'll be able to
persuade the boss to let me go too and with 4 members, you get the "family
rate" of $30 for the group instead of paying more, individually.  Some of
the Brantford gang is also going, from what I gather.  Interest can also be
gauged at Windel this weekend.

I know I mentioned the 24th of June as the day to try to have the first
little event at our track, but that turns out to be the day of the airshow
at CFB Borden (just in case anyone is interested).  That means that a bunch
of us would be working and unable to be at the event we are supposed to be
setting up.  Not wise scheduling :)  So, (with eyes furtively cast downward
while nervously kicking the dirt with one foot) I would humbly suggest
Saturday, the 17th of June instead.  We are in the process of gathering
prizes, and plan to run a 1 mile TT, a 1/4 mile TT, and a 7 lap race.  Other
suggestions are more than welcome and we'll flesh out the details like cost
and timings in lots of time to let everyone prepare.  This is a couple of
ours first official "event" so any organizational help would be a good thing
:)  I plan to spend as much of the long weekend as possible (I know, I'm a
pary animal) at the track making sure it is weeded, swept and hopefully
shovelled :)  Any help with those aspects would also be welcomed - it could
be a pic-nic, even.  Anyway, exact times and dates will be forwarded in the
next little while

Lastly, we'd like to welcome a new bent rider in the form of a Mango
velomobile rider in Wasaga Beach.  I'd use his name (which I think is Ray)
but am not sure of it at this time.  At any rate, welcome to or un-official
little gang and hope to see you at some of our rides.

Over and out . . .

Listmaster: Tim Hicks  25hz@xxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe send an empty mail to
python-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx