[georgianbents] Re: Fw: Ref Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub

  • From: "Linda Bowden" <bowden10@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <georgianbents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 07:51:13 -0500

Hi Guys

I was reading the emails about a 3 speed hub with reverse. I was going to use a
small electric motor with a roller to run against the rear wheel. A lever with
a button. Pull the lever which will engage the motor with roller and button to
energise the motor. As we are only using the motor for a short time and fairly
slow it could be a tiny motor. I saw some at Princess Auto. I will use a
rechargable computer battery similar to Roger's electric trike.

Getting the foam fo the velo next week. Used Elmers wood glue and polyurethene
as a test on pink foam and it workred just fine. Will go with the poly glue.

I laid a pice of carbon with epoy on the foam yesterday and is good. I will use
e glass on the exterior with carbon on the inside of 1/2" foam. The inside is
the loaded surface. I talked to Roger yesterday and we thought we would make
the body without floor and back, Attach it to one of out trikes to test.

Once we are happy with the shape we will make a simple floor mold to except
either a metal backbone frame or full carbon structure with suspension hung off
it.

Will keep posted with progress.

Larry