[georgianbents] End of year updates

  • From: "25hz" <25hz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Georgian Bents List" <Georgianbents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 16:00:42 -0500

Hi all

With the "nice" weather, hopefully everyone has had  at least a couple
chances to get out for a few more late season rides.  The Brantford gang
have finalized a few dates and events, so I thought I'd let you all know
about it.

The first thing is the annual ice races.  Details are:
Feb 4 2007
Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre, Brantford
2:30 - 6:30 Registration and Safety Inspection starts at 1:30
Registration - with 35.00 paid membership - 15.00.
Non Members - 25.00
Races:  Slalom , Pursuit races, Team relay , 5 Min and  10 Min lap races.

This is a great event, lots of fun and a chance to meet new bent owners.
So, if you don't have anything in mind to ride, it doesn't need to be fancy.
Aside from making an ice racer, you can also take any bike or trike, put a
few screws in the tires and you're off to the races.  I put a little primer
here to help out:
http://fleettrikes.com/tth6.htm

Next, anyone who is interested can join the HPTA club by paying the $35
membership.  Why would anyone from our list want to do that?  Well, glad you
asked . . .
1)  It helps support a small but very active bent club that organizes and
promotes bents and other HPV's.  The HPTA is even more active than the
"great" mothership, the HPVA in the U.S.
2)  Buying a membership helps them fund things like the ice rental times,
and insurance for races.
3)  Being an HPTA member allows you to have insurance coverage from the
Ontario Cycling Federation if you decide to ride in other cycling events in
Ontario, and makes it easier to get coverage for hosting other races/events.
and 4) . . . well . . . chicks dig it :)
Anyway, I joined the HPVA last year (by mistake) and they have taken my
membership fee, and done basically SQUAT with it, and least nothing that I
can have access to or enjoy (aside from a newsletter), so this yeat, my
membership money goes to Brantford.

The Toronto Bike show isalso coming up in Mar 2 -4.
http://www.telsec.net/bicycleshow/index.html

We have another trike owner and even now, he is out riding it.  Right on!
He is not on the list yet, but will be shortly.  His name is Chris and he
works in Borden.  There might also be another new trike rider down in
Mississauga as well.  If anyone knows of, or has seen, any other bent riders
in your locale, see if they are interested in allowing their email address
to be added to the list to help them find other rides, events and riders in
the local area.  Hopefully Paul will soon be getting word back on his trike,
and John will be back soon from over seas.

That's about her for now.  Seasons greetings, and all that good stuff :)

Listmaster: 25hz@xxxxxxxxxx

To unsubscribe send an empty mail to
georgianbents@xxxxxxxxxxxxx