[geocentrism] some science questions.

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocentrism list" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 11:12:05 +1000

Science query,

but on an aside, I am still waiting upon Paul D to comment on the ethics
exposed as political action by groups allegedly Science backed, against the
broadcasting of the film The Great Global Warming Swindle..  to the point of
having it banned like something worse than porn. Has to be worse, there's is
plenty of the latter on the air. Obviously the science cannot be flawed. But
even if it could, shouldn't the debate be allowed in public.??

And Paul. whats your reaction about the outcry against the new 'disney land",
oops, I mean Creation museum? Really, Oh really, what are they frightened of..?

Now to some real science.  I have always had trouble with units, worsened when
they keep updating such as the new SI units.

Specifically my query is related to Mass ..  and weight, which I should be able
to ignore because it does not exist without gravity..  so why do they confuse
the units.

kilogram weight kilogram mass???  Surely mass as a quantity of matter should
have its own specific unit.  How about "Neutron"..  anyway,

Ke   (kinetic energy) is expressed as mv^2/2    ke  =   m/2 X  v  X v.

Yet in an example of calculation of a missile 2lbs weight at a velocity of
2000ft/sec

it was written thus ( useless keyboard does not allow notation)

2 lbs / 2  X  2000  X  2000 /  32

Why did they divide by that extra 32 which I assumed was the acceleration
32ft/s of gravity?  Its like as if the formula did not accept the lbs weight as
true units of mass..

Anybody?