[geocentrism] Re: flat earth?

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 15:35:42 +0100 (BST)

The Bible does not teach a "flat" Earth, or World, but does talk of "corners."
I take these "corners" to be the compass points, and note that quite large
areas of the globe can be considered flat, relative to your particular
location, to a very close approximation. In fact, only recently have we
developed instruments capable of detecting such small amounts of curvature.
Hence the past confusion of a "flat Earth," which was based upon the Biblical
teaching of "corners" and the inability to perceive your surrounding area as
anything other than "flat."

In Christ,

Neville.

Philip <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Group,
How do we feel here about the Bible teaching a flat earth? After all, we
never do see the word "sphere" in the Bible.

Curious,

Gary Shelton

Yes we do Gary.

In many places. So we fear not your doubts/ Try orb. but then it does
depend on the version you search. and the various meanings of orb.

Philip