[geocentrism] capacitance/

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocentrism list" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 11:33:41 +1000

OK so I had to do the work.. From my old Radio Physics Text,

Capacitance basic unit was centimeters (never remembered that) and 9 x 10^-5 cm
is equal to 1 microfarad..  In those days whenever I saw a silly
equation/formula I always constructed a more basic one to my practical
interests.

Of interest the true specific inductive capacitance  of materials of interest:
Vacuum= 0.94,  H2 = 0.9997   air at 0c =1.000586    glass = 5 - 10  oil  =2.2 -
4.7   paper = 2  -  2.5

and of great interest   Water 81  with the note that it is not used due to
ionisation, which obviously gives me a REASON TO use it by inventing a
de-ionising process. Now such would make me a millionaire.

to my leyden Jar,
using C = K A/ 4 pie d all x 10^-5
where A was 2357 sq cm and d = 0.5 cm and assuming k to be 5 I managed to
arrive

at a capacitance of 0. 00208  mfd.

Not enough .. to play with.

If plastic has a high K  and as d can be 1mm I can multiply that by 5. and
0.01mfd is a more realistic unit