[geocentrism] Re: Won't let go!

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:58:57 +1000

Well Put Nick.. But there is another view. What if we were/ are both wrong....
However, I must admit I was a bit mystified by Jacks words... Jack I assume you
believe  the KJV. How do you iterpret the following. from James 2.
16And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled;
notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body;
what doth it profit?
   17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

   18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith
without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

   19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also
believe, and tremble.

   20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

   21Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac
his son upon the altar?

   22Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made
perfect?

   23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it
was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

   24Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

   25Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had
received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

   26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead
also.