[geocentrism] Re: The final reward for suicide bombers

  • From: Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:20:15 -0700 (PDT)

The whole quaran can be traced to a hodge-podge of various religious texts to
include the gnostic gosples in particular. I am working on correlatations. In
the passages addressing paradise, the term paradise can be traced to a
Christian text called "Hymns of Paradise" by the 4th century author St-Ephrem
the Syrian. The word paradise was derived from the Aramaic word for garden. All
descriptions of the term paradise described it as a garden of flowing waters,
abundant fruits and white raisins, prized as a delicacy in the ancient Near
East. In this context, white raisins, mentioned often as hur, as some scholars
say, can make more sense than a reward of sexual indulgences.

Allen Daves <allendaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Neville,
  It is not actually found in the quaran itself it is found in commentators of
the Quaran. This is the verse that the 72 virgins comes from Here.....
  003.169
YUSUFALI: Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. Nay, they
live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord;
PICKTHAL: Think not of those, who are slain in the way of Allah, as dead. Nay,
they are living. With their Lord they have provision.
SHAKIR: And reckon not those who are killed in Allah's way as dead; nay, they
are alive (and) are provided sustenance from their Lord; commentary: [meaning
they are enjoying their seventy-two virgins ( 72 ) virgins in heaven];
  Muslim theologians such as al Ghazali (died 1111 - 935 C.E) and AlAsh'ari
have "admitted sensual pleasures into Paradise." The sensual pleasures are
graphically elaborated by Al-Suytti (died 1505 C.E.), Qur'anic commentator and
polymath, Wrote:
  "Each time we sleep with a houri we find her virgin. Besides, the penis of
the Elected never softens. The erection is eternal; The sensation that you feel
each time you make love is utterly delicious and out of this world and were you
to experience it in this world you would faint. Each chosen one [i.e., Muslim]
will marry seventy [sic] houris, besides the women he married on earth, and all
will have appetizing vaginas."
  However, note: There is dispute among scholars as to the actual words & thus
the translation of the commentators. In the original arabic of the commentator
the term associated with the virgins is the word hur, which is an adjective in
the feminine plural meaning simply "white." Islamic tradition insists the term
hur stands for "houri," which means virgin, but some scholars insists that this
is a forced misreading of the text. In both ancient Aramaic and in at least one
respected dictionary of early Arabic, hur means "white raisin."...
  so....attached at bottom is the actual reward for the Muslim

"Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Can someone give me the reference in the Koran for the supposed origin of
this 72 (if I remember correctly) virgins in heaven claim?

  All New Yahoo! Mail ? Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard
protect you.