[geocentrism] Still futile arguments.

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:37:49 +1000

. <yerushabel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Therefore, the Voyager participates in
> the rotation of the cosmic mass around the earth, but the inertial
> effects must be scaled to its relative motion "with respect to the
> distant stars" (often called the "fixed stars" under the influence of
> Copernican thinking).
Alan said,
        This is just a bit of pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo from a non
scientist.
My comment please Alan.

This does not sound mumbo jumbo to me. And do you always call anybody who
puts a view contrary to your own opinion a non-scientist?
I would imagine any scientist who had an enquiring mind ready to dispute
current theories working with you would avoid you like the plague. The real
scientists and the real teachers I know are gentlemen and just don't talk
like that.

Alan continues,

"If voyager is going to rotate with the stars, it must have an
enormous tangential force acting on it as it travels away from the earth.
What causes this force? And since it must be gaining no end of kinetic
energy, where does this energy come from? We find it quite difficult to
give spacecaraft lots of kinetic energy, so it would be nice to know how
to get it for free, without using any fuel!"

I respond:
You said, "If voyager is going to rotate with the stars, it must have an
enormous tangential force acting on it as it travels away from the earth.
And since it must be gaining no end of kinetic
energy, where does this energy come from? "

You do not seem to have any objection to a satellite obtaining energy from
the moon and or other planets in their use of the so called slingshot
manouvres, yet you have a problem with one obtaining it from a rotating
universal mass in another model, for no valid scientific reason other than
that of your bias towards your preferred model.

In any case this kinetic energy is also nonexistant, like potential energy
of a stone on a mountain top. It is only relative to some other body which
might get in the way. (see example jet travelling east to west at alleged
Earths rotational speed. hitting mountain, or more exactly mountain hitting
jet.)

Philip.
If any man among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool,
that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God: