[geocentrism] Re: Intrigueing.

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 21:36:01 +1100

philip madsen wrote:
Thanks for the inquest Regner. I suspected the change in the pendulum period due to the change in distance as the beam balance vibrated. But this does not explain how load on the beam is transferred to slowing down the pendulum.
If there is no load (also means no friction, what-so-ever) the lever and the pendulum will be in phase.
If you put a load on the lever, the lever will lag behind a bit and the phase shift will dampen pendulums
oscillation.
  The "amortization" in the translation really grinds on my ears... All in all, a pretty poor translation.

     Regner

His video demo of applied power was very shoddy..primitive

Always the optimist, I thought of attaching a magnet to the load side which induced AC voltage bridge rectified into a capacitor storage , and then using this stored power to drive the pendulum much as does a clock mechanism. One day maybe..
But then the magnet will dampen the oscillator too...
And you know there are losses all over your little circuit.
I think the tactic would be to minimize losses, and trying to
recycle the losses that do occur. The movement is not a loss,
but the desired effect. The sound and heating by the hammer
and in the joints are losses, but I don't know if you could re-
cycle any of that with a positive net gain.
  On a slightly different note; Look at that picture again.
What do you see? It is bathed in Sunshine! - there is plenty
of energy, and it is free! Maybe it would be more fruitful to
spend time and resources on improving photovoltaics...
How is your PV project going, by the way?
I do agree, that a lot can be gained by increasing energy
efficiency, but improving, e.g., air conditioners has a lot
more potential for gain than this "two stage oscillator".

       Regner

I show the simple diagram below.

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 3:17 PM
Subject: [geocentrism] Re: Intrigueing.

Hi Phillip,

  I don't know which video you looked at. but I saw this one:
http://www.veljkomilkovic.com/Video/Veljko_Milkovic_(video-2)_Device_for_testing.wmv
and this one:
http://www.veljkomilkovic.com/Video/Veljko_Milkovic_(video-4)_Mechanical_hammer.wmv
and didn't see anything exciting.
The pendula loose energy as expected. On the web-page you link to, they talk about
perpetual motion machines and anti-gravity devices that seem quite un-connected to
the double pendula. And claiming there is any new physics in any of his work, is
pretty unfounded. Coupled oscillators are quite well-known.
  Notice, in the 2nd clip above, that the hammer part does less work than the pendulum,
because it moves a shorter distance. Even though he says the it takes very little force to
keep the pendulum going (which is true) - it would take a lot of force to stop it within
one period - about as much as it would take to stop the hammer while the pendulum
swings. And he can, after all, hold down the hammer without visible exertion.
  I am sure the alleged energy calculations are flawed, and what I find most likely is that
the lifting of the hammer is calculated as just that (which would take a appreciable amount
of energy) forgetting the fact that they are actually lifting an almost balanced lever which
takes very much less energy.
  And I am sure that the pendulum with the working hammer will dampen faster than one
with a fixed lever. I think it is quite visible in the case where he makes it run a dynamo
flashlight; he needs to push the pendulum more often to keep it going, compared to when
it just hammers on metal.
  He seems to (I haven't read that much of it) have made some good inventions for high
efficiency mechanical devices, but I don't think those silly claims are going to help him.

   Regards,

      Regner

philip madsen wrote:
This is mystifying. I cannot find a smell of the catch. The video shows it in action. http://www.rexresearch.com/milkovic/milkovic.htm