[geocentrism] Re: Did NASA do it?

  • From: "Gary Shelton" <garylshelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:09:36 -0600

Jack, one thing I noticed I wanted to comment on was the sentence you wrote
that I have repeated below, "Van Allen didn't think so."  I believe Robert
gave us the website where there is a direct quote from Van Allen saying he
thought the belts were entirely passable.

http://www.clavius.org/envrad.html

I'll repeat the quote from that link here:

"The recent Fox TV show, which I saw, is an ingenious and entertaining
assemblage of nonsense. The claim that radiation exposure during the Apollo
missions would have been fatal to the astronauts is only one example of such
nonsense." -- Dr. James Van Allen

So I think we have to adjust this argument.

Sincerely,

Gary Shelton

> > ANSWER Wrong. If you blast right through the Van Allen belts it is no
> > problem, which is what the Apollo astronauts did. X-rays would be lethal
> > too, if you sat there soaking in them long enough. A very real problem,
> > however, are cosmic rays. They are not a problem on a short flight like
> > the moon, but in long flights that might last years, like to Mars, they
> > could be a serious problem.
>
> Van Allen didn't think so. Why does the x-ray machine operator have to
operate the machine from behind a lead shield. The exposure is only a second
or two. How many seconds are there in 1.5 hours (the time it would take to
clear the Van Allen belts)? I would suggest that if a radiographer was
exposed for that length of time she would be very sick. Bill Kaysing
suggested in his video that if the space suits were that good then they
ought to be able to go in and clean up 3 Mile Island and I would say or even
Chernobyl!