[geocentrism] Re: Celestial poles

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 17:00:52 +0000 (GMT)

Jack L
I'm slipping badly. I missed two points in your second post which deserve
attention.
First, your point that the Earth just happening to be the Center of Everything.
If you understand Kepler and Newton, you cannot hold this view.
Second, living things -- in the natural origins paradigm -- did not come about
by randomness and chance. There are many things which influence the way
substances associate or avoid association. Examples include chemical bonding --
every time it rains some car owner looks out and bemoans all that 'rust falling
from the sky'. There are an enormous number of these chemical reactions which
are entirely predictable. There are electrical forces which have similar but I
think less ubiquitous behaviours. Then there is shape. Just as a burr will
stick to a blanket -- the velcroe tactic -- so molecules fit to other molecules
and stay associated because of that shape. Surface tension is a natural
attractor and will play a part. Since my knowledge is distinctly less than all
that is available to be known, it's a fair bet that there are many other such
mechanisms. Then there is the fact that many functions found in life have more
than one solution. If I remember
 correctly jelly fish do not have blood -- the oxygen their cells require is
carried by sea water. Humans have blood which relies for its oxygen carrying
abilities on that affinity of iron for oxygen to which I alluded above. Crabs
and other crustaceans utilise copper. It's not as efficient as iron -- but it
works. This might help to explain why we bathe in hot water and travel by car
while crabs live in the mud and scavenge for detritus. Another example of
different ways to do things, is to look at eyes. There are a number of
fundamentally different designs for eyes all of which have one thing in common
-- a cell or cells which give an electrical output when light falls upon them.
But their different shapes and structure all demonstrate that there is more
than one way to skin a cat and chance will play a part which way is chosen.
Paul D
PS Another post has arrived while this was being written.

Dear Paul,
You had already accepted on 'blind' faith abiogenesis so what is so different
about geocentrism?
Jack
It isn't blind as this post will indicate. Regarding geocentrism -- again,
Kepler and Newton.
Last for tonight -- must get some sleep.

National Bingo Night. Play along for the chance to win $10,000 every week.
Download your gamecard now at Yahoo!7 TV.
http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/national-bingo-night/