[geocentrism] Blind faith..

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "geocentrism list" <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 08:17:39 +1000

Its sad but true, but people exist in life without any hope. A state of
hopelessness. Whilst I have agreed with these sentiments expressed below in the
past, I have never had such blind faith in the absence of the spirit, or the
absence of spirituality as this author claims..  Without that hope, he will
never seek, and of course if you never seek, you will never find.  and like
many like him, he will die in dispair.   Philip.
Opinion - Blind faith obscures truth: lawyer
Published: November 27, 2008
The thing that gets me about religion is the pomposity and self righteousness
that goes with so much of the territory. The defenders of religion preface
their entire argument upon the acceptance of their position on blind faith. Now
most children will until a certain age accept almost any information their
parents dish up to them with hardly a raised eyebrow. But as adults we must be
cautious of any call to accept anything based on the uncorroborated testimony
of the long dead.

Letting religion obscure your rationality is your own personal problem unless
and until you drag the rest of us into your strange little world. Using your
religion as a pretext to cause others pain is an obscenity. Believe in whatever
helps you get through the day but spare us the sermons, and the violence.

We must all ultimately come to terms with our mortality. The prospect of some
post mortem paradise may help placate little children in need of comfort when
faced with death of a loved one but let us not go into adulthood allowing blind
faith in such things to obscure the awful (yet beautiful) truth, life is
pitifully short, so grasp it and enjoy it as much as you can, and try to leave
a better world behind when you go. - Brett Walker, Online Opinion (click below
for full article)

http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=8210&page=0

JPEG image