[geocentrism] Re: Apology

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 09:23:44 +1000

Dear Neville.
As far as I was concerned, there was no apology needed, and I had no hurt
feelings. I did not even think your original statement flippant, but took it as
an expression of your position, more or less as you expressed it today. I
merely saw the opportunity for promoting a point of view.

I note that you said, "but my interpretation of that (fatima), if true, would
simply be different from the Catholic position."

To this I would simply respond with the following.

Fatima , like any cult, is a grass roots organisation. It comes/came from the
people up, and not down from authority. Sometimes they are permitted, if they
do not contradict the dogmas, of tradition or scripture. Sometimes they are
condemned, which is more often the case. As regards Fatima, the true believers
get very little support or encouragement from the "official church?" today,
which has more or less declared the cult errelevant and finished.

Its largely a matter of individual choice. There have always been priests and
lay people who are unreservedly "Marian" , and others who are not. I see myself
as taking the middle road, niether fanatical nor incredulous....testing all
things...