[GeoStL] Re: virus?

  • From: Sara Gomer <outdoorlady79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 07:42:43 -0700 (PDT)

-
David,  When you set the PQ's up set them to send as a zip file.  Many virus
programs stop the loc and gpx files as possible viruses even though they are
not.  Changing it ot send zip files should fix this.

Are you joinging us tomorrow or have you not yet decided the status of your
injury?
David Cantrell <dlcantrellstl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-
I have two pocket queries setup, one for 5m from 63130 and one for 10m from
63130. The 5m query comes through fine, however the 10m query gets stopped
with a message saying it contains a virus (see message below).

Is anyone else getting a virus error besides me?

Is it possible for a cache to contain a virus?

Dave aka WolfinSTL

Virus Message:
"Yahoo! Mail Virus Protection detected a virus ""in the file '"87259.gpx"',
attached to the enclosed email message. We scanned the file using Norton
AntiVirus but were unable to clean it. Therefore, we removed the content of
the attachment from the message. Please contact the message sender if you
want to receive the attachment. They must clean the file and resend it
before we can deliver it to you safely.

Subject field

Subject field