[GeoSTL] mayby i should have counted to ten twice....

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 17:36:27 -0500

Sent to Eric of the admin team?
-------------------------------------

We certainly do respect and will live by the decisions of the Admin team.
Without a good team the rest of the place here is trash.   But how do you
reconcile the fact that on one hand we can?t post the Habitat cache due to
it?s non-geocaching oriented slant yet,  we can have a pizza and call it a
cache, or if see a yellow jeep we can call it a cache?  If we are to have
guidelines then lets enforced the guidelines across the board. It is
confusing at times when we see stupid yellow jeeps get by and get stopped on
trying to do something a little more serious.

Now if we can talk about serious trash caches for a moment, take a gander at
the zillion in the Collinsville/Edwardsville IL. Area. IE: Oddish
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2442 and
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2497  (where my posts
requesting maintenance are being deleted) , flutterbye box was another prime
example of letterbox trash here. There are many other examples. They have
been reported as wet and trashed to 8+ months and the cache/letterbox owners
that live near the caches claim to be a little too busy to deal with them .
They even give letterboxers a bad name.

We have a SERIOUS problem with neglected letterboxes in Illinois.

Respectfully,

Glenn Nash
St. Louis Area Geocachers Assoc.
WWW.GeoStl.com <http://www.geostl.com/>