[STL Geocaching] Re: geocaching Digest V1 #18

  • From: "Barry Bryant" <barramus@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 06:39:06 -0600

I was wondering wher you ll were at...I just got this long email this
morning.
Don't press the button that says digest mode on.

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:54:06 -0600
From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [STL Geocaching] LEWIS TAIL

ok, HAVE WE DECIDED ON WHERE THE lEWIS TRAILHEAD IS??

**Glenn
lOST IN SOUTH COUNTY

------------------------------

From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [STL Geocaching] Re: LEWIS TAIL
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:00:13 -0600

it is at

N38 41.449 W90 43.461

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:58:47 -0600
From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>

MOST excellent. sombody actuall knows where we are going!!

thanks
gln

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:03:13 -0600
From: Richard Sheffold <dsheffold@xxxxxxxxxx>

Which is the parking lot where you go down the hill off 94 and cross over
Katy trail to the parking area?

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:16:56 -0600
From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [STL Geocaching] from Myotes

I had a meeting with Shawnee National Forest (Southern IL)officials today to
talk about trying to get more Wilderness in Shawnee.  I talked to Ms. Feakes
counterpart in Shawnee (Bruce Slover).  He said he had been talking to Ms.
Feakes.  He told me he was aware of the caches in Shawnee National Forest
but was not going to do anything about it.

Jim Bensman
New Email Address
jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx
**Glenn

STL Caching Info: //www.freelists.org/webpage/geocaching

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:18:13 -0600
From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [STL Geocaching] Another from Myotes

I think a good next step would be to invite them to go on a geocaching trip
with some of us.  This might make them understand what we are doing better.
If people think this would be a good idea, I will ask them and ask them for
some days when tney could do it.  Perhaps next Saturday's adventure could be
somewhere around Rolla where they could go with us.  I know Randy lives in
Rolla and suspects Nancy does too.

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:26:25 -0600
From: Paul Konopacki <konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [STL Geocaching] Re: Another from Myotes

I think that is a wonderful idea.  I agree that is a good next step.  They
can
get to know us and what we are about.  If we get them hooked, we have an
allies
(Let's make sure to pick a good cache for it!)

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:27:28 -0600
From: Paul Konopacki <konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Wasn't the map I uploaded with the marking 'trailhead' good enough?!
 http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cachelog_details.asp?ID=20658&L=196219

Take Hiway 40 across the Missouri River, then take the Hiway 94 exit and
turn left.  Continue on Hiway 94.  After a few miles you will pass
Howell High School.  Keep going.  Hiway 94 will continue to twist and
turn as it starts to descend.  The trailhead will fly by you quickly on
the left, if you aren't paying attention.  If you hit the bottom of the
hill and see a sign for Lost Valley on your right, you've gone too far.
I'm looking for a good map of Hiway 94 to email, but having a hard time
finding one.

We will bring chips and cookies for munching, afterwards.  (Sorry, RGS,
some of them have peanut chunks in them ...)

I have 4 copies of a packet that consists of a trail map and Terraserver
photos with the cache coordinate overlays.  Yes, it is 'over-produced',
but I had fun making them!

I strained a muscle in my lower back today moving a heavy PC monitor, so
I may be waddling tomorrow.

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:31:24 -0600
From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>

o yea, thats where i thought we were going. :-) i am sure to find it NOW.

gln

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:39:25 -0600
From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [STL Geocaching] forest service reply

from Myotes,

testing to see if attachments will bounce.

**Glenn

STL Caching Info: //www.freelists.org/webpage/geocaching

-- Type: application/pdf
-- File: FS Reply1.pdf

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:44:08 -0600
From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [STL Geocaching] Re: forest service reply

Well, i dont know what toggle I togged but the attachment from the forest
service went thru this time!

gln
still learning how to run the mail list :-)
-----Original Message-----ply

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:52:23 -0600
From: Paul Konopacki <konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [STL Geocaching] Ok, let's see if this jpg makes it to y'all

-- Type: image/jpeg
-- File: trailhead2.jpg

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:52:16 -0600
From: Richard Sheffold <dsheffold@xxxxxxxxxx>

Yeah, I got it fine too.

Although, it sounds like Randy has changed his mind a little, and Nancy
should be our contact.

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:55:35 -0600
From: Richard Sheffold <dsheffold@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [STL Geocaching] Re: Ok, let's see if this jpg makes it to y'all

Yep, got that one too.

Peanuts are OK, it's the peanut butter that's bad for you.

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 22:37:35 -0600
From: Earl Hancock <earlannis@xxxxxxxxx>

One of the nice things about caving in the Weldon Spring area is you don't
need lights. The water glows  ¤ ;-)
Earl

Paul Konopacki wrote:

>  [Image]