[GeoStL] Re: did you hear what I heard?

  • From: "Wayne Lindberg" <alindb01@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 23:44:46 -0600

I guess it's time for me to get on my high horse and say that these two
should have been familiar with the moronic laws we gun owners have to put up
with these days, but their only issue was not realizing that it's now
illegal to bring a gun on school campuses these days.  Return to 1956 when
I, as an eleven-year-old Boy Scout bought my first .22LR rifle from Marlin
through the mail.  By the way, I could have bought this particular gun
without my parent's permission or knowledge, however they knew and approved
of the purchase.  I then often carried that same rifle with ammunition on
the bus to school to participate in an after-school Sportsman rifle club
competition.  The difference then was that we had reasonable attitudes
towards firearms ownership, and the Second Amendment, and kids didn't even
consider an attack on their classmates or teachers.  My rifle and ammunition
stayed in the cloakroom until after school when I would catch a different
bus for the rifle range.  It's attitude and knowledge that matters.
Something that we lack today.  These are not bad folks, just ignorant of the
law.  Did they take the shotgun out of the vehicle?  NO!   Did they try to
enter the school?  NO!

BTW, geocaching without a firearm in some areas is just plain stupid, by my
estimation.

Wayne