[GeoStL] ...also announcing my new "addition"

  • From: Jeff the Blue Bead Man <bluebeadman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 01:55:12 -0400 (EDT)

-
Here it is...this one is for Bernie, but everyone is invited to read along...

While driving to Texas, I got to check out the Aliner camping trailers at a RV
place in Springfield, MO.  Quite interesting, but the dealer was not quite
willing to work with me.  So I moved on.  Got to Texas and to a little town
just north of Austin called Pflugerville.  Within Pflugerville is a little
truck camper dealer called "Princess Craft."  They carry the Aliner camping
trailers plus a bunch of truck campers.  I stopped by to check out a special
ALiner model called the Alite 4000.  My 4 cylinder Ranger could EASILY pull
that thing.  Well, one thing led to another.  The Alite 4000 was WAY too small.
 The mid size model called a Sportliner appeared about right, but the
salesperson talked me into hitching up the largest of the Aliner models: the
LXE.  I thought my truck would die, or at least struggle with the weight of it,
but I agreed to a test drive with it.  My truck didn't break a sweat...I got it
up to 60+ MPH WITH THE "MAX A/C" ON before the Ranger gave any sign of a
struggle.   Wow!  Ok, what type of deal could I make?  Well, not MUCH of one,
but enough, and I have now towed that Aliner LXE model from Pflugerville to San
Antonio, back passed Pflugerville again and all the way to St. Louis.  I camped
a couple nights along the way.  It has A/C, a microwave, refrigerator with
freezer, a tiolet and a shower, a furnace, and several other things (gas
detectors, etc) with plenty of room for one person--possibly a couple others.
Now, just one question remains:

Who wants to go camping this weekend???  Or any other time in the near future?
Let me know and we'll see what we can set up!

I'm SO excited!

-Jeff, the Blue Bead Man
Subject field