[GeoStL] Where are they Now???

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 12:58:34 -0600

-
Just got to looking at some of the older logs on the older caches around here. Many of the comments include "Greatest game ever..., really excited about this new sport." ect. then the folks log 3 more caches and disappear. I wonder why? Another funny thing is that some of these very old cachers with a few finds HAVE logged onto the GC.com in the last few months. I guess they were just checking out whats new but still, no finds are logged.

anybody recognize these names taken from the "Under the Boardwalk" cache? http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=327&log=y&decrypt=

---------------------------
April 15, 2001 by deuce (92 found) They are a family I met while they traveled to Tx.

April 15, 2001 by bigethespe (32 found) Still has "A walk in the park" and 2 active caches in Tn.

April 15, 2001 by miken927 (17 found)

April 1, 2001 by hammerhead (19 found)

March 21, 2001 by Big Jimmy (29 found) Set up the Pentecache, Man vs Nature & others.

March 18, 2001 by bjbest (46 found) Set up the Pentecache, Man vs Nature & others. He has moved and is still caching.

March 17, 2001 by Dinkirk (33 found)

March 16, 2001 by tocamara (29 found)

March 11, 2001 by parikhp (6 found)

March 7, 2001 by yakman (80 found) Still around and found a cache 1/6/03

March 6, 2001 by denali (522 found) still around and is a SLAGA member.

March 4, 2001 by wtmrn (150 found): retired

March 4, 2001 by GLNash (502 found). still tired :-)

March 3, 2001 by NiShot (4 found)

March 3, 2001 by MjLikePink (14 found)

March 3, 2001 by Mohmers (16 found) Has many letterboxes on the east side.

March 3, 2001 by eagleeye (41 found)
"This is my first find but am looking forward to doing more especially sine the weather should be getting nicer." Last find 7'/02

February 25, 2001 by jmcmurry (7 found)
"This is a great cache for your first time out. Not hard to find, interesting things to see while you're enroute, and convenient to highways. We only live three miles away, so it was perfect for us. Thanks for a great time! " Last find 2/'02

February 19, 2001 by raymacke (3 found) set up multi "Rural Rendezvous" which was last found 8/'02

February 19, 2001 by zuker (33 found) Set up 1st SLAGA picnic. Hasnt been heard from since. Last find 12/01, logged into GC.com 1/03 !

February 19, 2001 by msinak (3 found) "That's a great idea too! Thanks!"

February 19, 2001 by pdpull (1 found)
Thanks for the great fun (I always have had a thing for treasure hunts from early ages on).

February 18, 2001 by SilkySere (2 found)

February 17, 2001 by TLASparks (22 found) Last find 2/'01, last logged on 12/'02

February 12, 2001 by Daviskw (51 found) Butch is Still placing the best caches in the area. Last log 6/02, signed in 12/02. last cache placed. 7/02. Butch will show up once in a while in a logbook but he rarely logs into GC.com. It was my goal to catch up with Butch someday. He had 30 something when i started and it seemed impossible to catch him or to ever find that many caches. At that time there were only a few in town.

February 11, 2001 by victim (1 found)

February 10, 2001 by dirtguy (5 found) Placed the RxR cache. "i will be placing my own cache this weekend. of 2-10-01."

February 7, 2001 by Captray (2 found) "left a pair of TWA Junior Pilot Wings." I thought MadDogCapt might know him.

February 5, 2001 by Jim S. Greene (Strider) (179 found) SLAGA member & has been seen around town recently.

February 5, 2001 by maddogcapt (108 found) "This was my first attempt at this hobby and I found it!" MDC is a SLAGA member and has been spotted around in the woods not long ago.

February 4, 2001 by astangl (13 found) Last find 9/02

February 4, 2001 by camper (2 found)

February 3, 2001 by dand36 (4 found) "I hope the rest of the stashes we visit are as fun as this one was."

February 3, 2001 by cozmo469 (9 found) "A lot of fun!"

January 28, 2001 by snow_rules (13 found) on of the original STL cachers and now is A new SLAGA member. Took about 2 yrs off and has been out finding things again!

January 27, 2001 by thorq (3 found)

January 21, 2001 by smodog (6 found) last checked GC.com 1/03

January 21, 2001 by mapman (2 found) "I did not realize how fun it would be." Last visit: 1/10/2003

January 20, 2001 by jnpope (3 found)
"Had a wonderful,,,fantastic family adventure.. What a great family fun time.
Even the extreme cold did not matter. The adventure was full of thrills with each
and ever turn. We look forward to more of these adventures. This may just become
a habit." I wonder what happened to these folks?

January 20, 2001 by tmnkwd (4 found)
"This was our second cache find of the day. We saw an article in the St. Louis Post Dispatch"
"This is a fun game. Already, we are planning where to stach ours and what to put in it."

January 16, 2001 by ALW (3 found) "hope to get my own stash out in about a week..Al" ALW placed "Geocache" and it was my 1st find.

January 13, 2001 by trilobites (51 found)

January 13, 2001 by teq56 (14 found) They placed THE 1STcache in STL. They are SLAGA members and stil have the "High Ridge" & "Superbowl" caches in place.

January 9, 2001 by fryed (16 found) Placed "Mud Creek" and caches in Tyson and Greenfelter park. Was active early on. He seems to have retired.
Glenn
St. Louis, Mo