[STL Geocaching] Re: WAAS/DGPS info

  • From: "Paul Becker" <pebecker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 21:10:45 -0500

From: Budlvr40@xxxxxxx
>Back to the above, would I  be correct in assuming the DGPS unit in St. Louis
has something to do with
the barge/river industry?  Would you know its range?

Yes.  There is coverage in existance or planned for every major waterway.  The
FAA has some interest in the system too for their new landing system, so the
goal is to have double-coverage for every point in the U.S. eventually.  Range
can vary according to terrain and transmitter power.  St. Louis has a 120 watt
transmitter the last I knew, expected to go to 170 watts in the double-coverage
scheme, and for those interested is on 322 kHz, and is at 38 36 41 N, 89 45 31
W.

Paul

Our WebPage!   //www.freelists.org/webpage/geocaching
Mail List & Archive Info.
Environmental msg. of the day, "Save the spotted Cow"