[GeoStL] Re: Urban, rural, playground caches, etc

  • From: "BottomFeeder" <BottomFeeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 23:53:41 -0500

-

So, they were carrying because........it's a fashion statement.(??)=20

Gads, I am behind the times. All this time I only put stuff in my
pants/jacket/shirt pockets and or briefcase that I thought I might =
'need' at
some point before I returned home.

> It is a fact that the states with "liberal" (or conservative,=20
> whichever way you look at it), shall issue laws have lower=20
> violent crime rates.=20

And it's also a fact there are other countries where guns are banned and
there is even less violent crime.

Look, I said in the initial response that I wasn't anti-gun. I own a =
rifle
now and have owned a handgun in the past, and going to a shooting range =
with
the latter was interesting. Not interesting enough to make me want to =
keep
one, but that's just me.

I just don't think the ideas of.....(1) recognizing an individual's =
right to
own a gun and use it responsibly, and (2) not advocating everyone =
constantly
carry one are mutually exclusive. Just because I'm not 100% with you =
doesn't
mean I'm 100% a'gin ya.

     -=3D Russ =3D-  (BottomFeeder)

Subject field