[GeoStL] Re: Today

  • From: Jim Everman <everman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:37:39 -0500

-
Judi F wrote:
> Ok,  I guess I'll say it.  I'm a Wuss.  The storm warnings are still in the
> area although it looks better.  Everything will be wet and muddy.  This
> looks like a better day to be 'cashing' (shopping).
>
> I guess the murder will be unsolved by me.  I wouldn't have been able to do
> the bonus anyway if Amanda's description was accurate about the terrain.
>
> I guess I'll pass on today.  Thanks for putting this together though, Sara.
> Perhaps another time.

 I believe her description was accurate. A bit over a mile hike and
there are hills involved. I did it when the coordinates for WP1 were a
bit off and didn't find WP1. You can make a pretty good guess without
one clue, but when I saw where it was heading I elected to not do that
hike on a guess. I prolly would have been FTF if I had.

 That being said, I think you could still do it if you don't mind
walking in the wet woods. You would have to be a bit choosy about the
course you take to the final, but a hint about not leaving the trail
until the top of the ridge might help.

 Pity about not being able to do it.. I think the Bear's Murder
Mysteries are some of the most interesting caches I've done.

 Geo Jim

--
   Jim Everman       mailto:everman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                     http://webusers.Anet-STL.com/~everman/