[GeoStL] Re: To Group Hunt or Not To Group Hunt...

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 06:41:49 -0800 (PST)

-
I am from the JC area originally so the caching areas are familiar to me....I
would be glad to have some people along for the comraderie and fun. Hopefully I
will be in JC on Friday evening and plan on hunting some of  the "Hail to the
Chiefs" even after dark as they are all easily accessible. Also Mike may want
some of us to dry run his night cache on Friday as we did last year. How about
it Mike would that be possible?
As for the geobingo caches they are in groups and several people could easily
split up and pick up the ones in the group and meet back up for the drive to
the next area. There is some distance between some of them and it will take
some driving and a little knowledge of the city to get there efficiently.
I hope to meet up with people Friday night and Saturday afternoon for some
caching fun....I think I will be attending the 101 class and helping out if
need be as I am talking with the city here to possibly put one on and I need
ideas on how to do it.

Dan

"M. Bollinger" <lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-
Group Caching is fine. However, there are some areas downtown that might get
you really noticed if you have 20 people in your group. Most caches are in
parks and there is no concern there (especially since it is supposed to be
pretty cold), but the ones downtown are best hit in smaller groups.

My main concern is that a muggle might notice what's going on and take the
cache. That will mess the game up a bit.

I did notify the Jeff City Police Department what's going on and asked them not
to arrest anyone with a GPS on their neck - "their with me!" (one of the PD
Sargents and his wife are taking the 101 class). I have secured permission for
the Capitol and those other locations where it was necessary. So I am hoping
all will go smoothly.

Sarah Chisholm wrote:
-
I was just wondering... can GeoBingo be done in groups or is it every person
for their selves? I'm not too familiar (translate: not at all familiar) with
the Jeff. City area & would prefer to cache with other people. But if not I
guess I'll just cope...
Sarah ( Crowesfeat30)
Subject field

Subject field