[GeoStL] The homeless bathtub..

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:47:25 -0600

-
For anyone wanting a true adventure of at least 5/5 this one cant be beat. Worthy of the trip just for this cache. I attempted this a while back and was unsuccessful. I still have yet to write up the ordeal. It did involve, 2 boats loaded with equipment, wetsuits, climbing gear. In the end our stuff ended floating all over the river, the gps was filled with water and it was all we could do to gather our stuff and make it down river far enough to get out of the canyon before we froze.

One of these days i will have to post the failed results.

gln

The Homeless Bathtub (Traditional Cache) at 1/24/2004

Log Date: 1/24/2004
Let me just start to say ...when me and chunky chipmunk decided to do this one , we thought we had done our homework...we brought bandaids,rope,snake bite kit,flares,glock 30 w/xtra magazines, extra clothing,blankets, number to g.w. in washington..we were ready..

Got up at 5am to go get this god-forsakin cache ..get out to jeep ...1 parking ticket and 1 tow slip...had to talk tow truck driver into leaveing jeep alone...then next

go to start jeep ....left dome light on ..battery dead ....wishing now we had a tow truck driver ...

fianlly got a boost....started to cache ...i'm looking a p.d.a. to get better instructions ..chunky chipmunk looking at g.p.s. to get better driving instructions..no one lookinga raod ...we rearend a b.m.w. at a red light...chunky blames me ..i blame her ..when police area ..we both blame the sun ....blinded us both...guess what ..same tow driver again......

finally get a rental car 3 hours later .....still going to get this bathtub cache ...get to area ...unload ..start out of parking lot ...fall over curb..roll down the embankment...the gun i was carrying discharges..hits a car in the parking lot ....chunky has assumed the stop-drop -and lay low postion by now....

so as i am laying at the bottom of this hill ..leg broke and bruised up..i realize this one has got the best of me and chunky ...8 hours later and we still have not gotten further than the parking lot....

we will be logging this find ..due to the heart ache,body ache, car problems,possible jail time for discharging a handgun in city limits , $ 750.00 in tow bills...

Thanks joe !!!!!This cache made my nashville visit soooooo unforgettable ........i hpoe your ears are still burning !!!!

groundsquirrel and chunky chipmunk

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=dc087792-3a91-4a89-9153-8d21c107650f

Visit GC6FA6
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=f910df6d-a80b-49dd-999e-7c3e71be69b0

Profile for groundsquirrel & chunky chipmunk:
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=77786609-3e95-49cd-b79a-54877a7a103d

Search for caches from this location:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat=36.0852833333333&lon=-86.7313